Many university students require storage solutions for their belongings during the summer months when they are away from their term-time accommodation. If your Student Housing Agency cannot assist, and you need summer storage as a university student, here are a few options to consider:
- University Storage Services: Some universities offer storage services specifically tailored to their students. They may provide on-campus or nearby storage facilities where you can safely store your belongings during the summer break. Check with your university’s student services or student accommodation office to inquire about the availability of such services.
- Self-Storage Facilities: Self-storage facilities are commercial establishments that offer storage units for rent on a short-term basis. These facilities allow you to store your belongings securely and access them as needed. Look for self-storage facilities near your university or your summer location, and consider factors such as size, security, accessibility, and pricing when choosing a facility.
- Student Storage Services: Numerous companies specialize in providing summer storage services for students. These services often include pickup, storage, and delivery of your belongings. They may offer various package options based on the amount of storage space you require. Companies like UniBaggage, PingLocker, and LoveSpace are examples of student storage services in the UK, but similar services can be found in other countries as well.
- Renting Storage Space from Individuals: Another option is to search for individuals in your area who are renting out storage space. Websites and apps like Storemates, SpareFoot, or even local classified listings may help you find people offering spare storage space in their homes or garages. It’s important to ensure the security and reliability of such arrangements before proceeding.
Before storing your belongings, take some preparatory steps:
- Declutter and pack: Sort through your belongings and decide what you truly need to store. Pack your items securely in appropriate boxes or containers, labeling them for easy identification later.
- Insurance: Consider insuring your stored belongings in case of theft, damage, or loss. Check if your existing insurance policy covers storage or explore additional insurance options provided by storage facilities or storage service companies.
- Book in advance: Summer is a busy period for storage services, so it’s advisable to book your storage space or service well in advance to ensure availability.
Remember to remove any perishable items, hazardous materials, or items prohibited by storage facility policies before storing your belongings.
It’s essential to research and compare different storage options, read reviews, and consider factors like cost, security, convenience, and terms and conditions before making a decision.
This Article is published by Student Housing Lancaster. The Number 1 Choice for Luxury Student Housing in Lancaster.