Dincwear Dancewear Pro Dancer News Week Ending 7/02/21
The team at Dincwear Dancewear have captured all the latest dance news in this weeks “Pro Dancer News“.
- There was an advert in “The Dancing Times” that the Stuttgart Ballet is looking for 2 full-time teachers starting on the 13th September 2021. Applications have to be submitted by March the 15th.
- Taira Foo was spotted filming “Sick” – a dance piece about one man’s struggle through depression.
- Strictly star Janette Manrara was spotted on both the BBC1’s “Good Morning Show” and, later that day, the “Jeremy Vine Show“.
- It was announced that James Wilson will be choreographing “Theatreland” for Curtis Productions, which will take place this April at the Trafford Centre in Manchester.
- We spotted pro dancers Kate Thompson, Kelechi Nwanokwu & Gracie Gledhill performing on “The Masked Singer“. The choreography was by Beth Honan.
Future Dance News
- Audition Alert – Phoenix Dance Company in Leeds are recruiting professional dancers with at least 2 years experience. The application deadline is Friday the 26th of February. For information: visit the Phoenix Dance Theatre website.
Online Dance Classes
- MTS will hold its February Half Term Intensive Week from Wednesday the 17th – Friday the 19th of February. This will feature 3 days of workshops with professionals from the world of stage and screen. For information: contact Annie Guy on [email protected]
- Devon Young is holding a Commercial Dance Class via Zoom on Saturday the 13th February from 5.00 – 6.30. The cost is £5. Contact Devon on [email protected]
- Tring Park announced it’s Senior Intensive Ballet Weekend on the 20th & 21st of February from 9.45 – 1.35. The workshops are designed for students aged 13 -18 and the teachers are, Antony Dowson, Sarah Mcllroy, Daisy Hulbert & Clare Wilders. Contact Janet Devenish for further details.
- Charlotte Tonkinson, the dancer with The Royal Ballet, has a half-term workshop on Saturday the 13th of February – a dance-based Pilates Ballet Class plus a Q&A about company life. This is designed for students aged10 -14 and costs £26.
- AYAW Studios have an online masterclass with Brian Friedman on Monday the 15th of February at 7.00 for £20. For information, contact Craig Wharmby at AYAW Studios.
- There is an open Jazz Class with Ryan-Lee Seager on Saturday the 27th of February from 10.30 – 12.00 for £7.
- Bethany Kingsley-Garner, the Principle dancer with The Scottish Ballet, brings a half-term dance workshop learning the role of the ballerina in “The Nutcracker“. Designed for 9 – 13-year-olds, the course is on Friday the 19th of February from 4.30 – 5.30. Book online at, [email protected]
Film & Videos
- Harrison Dowzell and Cameron Flynn of The New Adventures Dance Company have released a short dance film titled “Unskilled”.
- Northern Ballet has launched a new digital Season Of Dance, including “What Used To, No Longer Is” – an original dance film by Olivier Award-winning Mthuthuzeli November. In addition, the company will premiere two more original films: “Northern Lights” and “Have Your Cake” by Kenneth Tindall.
- We spotted Kieran Daly-Ward & Mukeni Nel in the new video of Priya Ragu’s: “Chicken Lemon Rice“.
That is it for this week and with the amazing roll-out of the vaccine, it does look like there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
This post has been shared by the Dincwear Dancewear Team.